MIA’s blog features many different voices from our museum, including staff and volunteers. However, we do have some bloggers who contribute more frequently than others. Get to know our major bloggers here:
First up, our Associate Curator:
- Job Title: Associate Curator
- Interests: Art history, reading, pop culture
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Kananginak Pootoogook’s “Untitled (Two Caribou)”
- Fun Fact: I have a seven year old German Shepherd/Black Labrador Retreiver cross named Roscoe.
Next, our (former) Summer Intern now Visitor Services Officer:
- Job Title: Visitor Services Officer
- Interests: K-pop, travel, reading fiction, visiting museums and keeping up with art events
- Favorite Piece at MIA: All the dancing and wiggling polar bears and walruses!
- Fun Fact: I’m afraid of heights but really, really, REALLY want to go on the CN Tower Edge Walk
- Job Title: Public Programming and Development Coordinator
- Interests: Community development, oral history, photography, and travel
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Mark Tungilik’s “Musk Ox” and “Birds on Cliff”
- Fun Fact: I plan to learn to play the acoustic guitar this year.
- Job Title: Educational Intern
- Interests: Foreign films, photography, writing, visiting museums and galleries.
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Abraham Ruben’s “Raven and Sedna” (2009).
- Fun Fact: I won my first spelling bee at the age of 10 and have loved the sport ever since!